Checking up h/w:
The main part:
– to check the students ‘ knowledge on the topic;
Test work for Tenses.
The procedure of the lesson:
T: Good morning, dear children!
Who is on duty today?
What date is it today?
Who is absent today?
How are you today?
What’s the weather like today?
She sells sea shells at the sea shore.
The shells she sells are surely sea shells.
So if she sells shells on the seashore,
I’m sure she sells seashore shells.
Translate the words into Russian and Kazakh.
1-10. Do you have a friend?
What kind of verbs do you use when you speak about your friend? (Not less than 10 verbs.)
Example: I trust my friend.
II. Choose the right preposition.
11. I always rely ______ my friend.
a) on b) with c) at
12) I share my book ______ my friend.
a) to b) with c) at
13. I care ______ my friend.
a) to b) with c) for
14. I trust ______ my friend.
a) zero(0) b) with c) for
15. I think ______ my friend.
a) of b) with c) for
Read the situations and complete the sentences.
16. The train started an hour ago. It is still raining now. It ______ for an hour.
17. My friends started playing football 2 hours ago. They are still playing it. They ______ for two hours.
18. I started writing this test 10 minutes ago. I’m still writing it. I ______ for 10 minutes.
19. We started learning English 2 years ago. We’re still learning English now. I ______ since the 5th form.
20. Your friend is learning French. You ask: How long ______ French?
And now open your copybooks for tests and write a test.
to repeat irregular verbs
The marks for the test are …
The lesson is over! Good-bye!